June 7, 2014

First Solo (Alone) Ride and Finally Posting CSC Sticker in Felixberto

Note: Riding solo can be alone and can be with a back rider. Solo means a single motorcycle. There can be riding alone solo and riding in tandem solo.
Mesha posed at a nice spot going to Top Garden in Busay.
As long as I can remember, I haven't tried riding solo and alone. Okay, except when going to work and running some errands. What I meant is a relatively long ride alone with no back rider(s). My wife and daughter always want to tag along. This time, I tried to ride solo and alone and at the same time, finally posting our Cebu Scoopy Club sticker in Felixberto Burgers and Hotdogs in Balamban (Felixberto).

My ride began at 10am. I checked the tire pressures and I figured I needed to add more PSIs to both tires. For a Honda Scoopy stock-compatible tires, 29psi front and 33psi rear. Then, I gassed up at Shell Maguikay. After that, I looked at Mesha (my Scoopy) and she's totally untidy so, I went to Fibroworkz and Carwash first to wash her dirt up. Php50 for a motorcycle wash. They don't offer wax, only free tire black which I don't like to be applied to Mesha. I don't know but I feel paranoid about sliding my wheel while banking when there is tire black applied to Mesha's tires.



Mesha's having a well-deserved wash.

I hope no one got seriously hurt.
Prepare to enjoy a lot of twisties here.
After washing, I checked the time and it was 10:45am, then I went straight to JY Lahug. As I passed by the road somewhere near Marco Polo, I saw this motorcycle down. I didn't ask for what happened because I want to reach Felixberto before 12nn. So, I just wen't straight up to Busay. Time check is 10:55am. It doesn't appear like somebody was seriously hurt. I hope so.

Our sticker posted, finally.
Riding solo with a back rider was nice because you can just concentrate on riding while your back rider can focus on taking pictures. Riding solo and alone doesn't have that perk. Oh well, I was able to take a photo of Balamban's welcome arch. After this arch, prepare for uphill twisty roads ahead which I bet you'll enjoy. Granted, there are a lot of nice twisties in Transcentral Highway (TCH) that's why a lot of riders want to trek these roads to enhance their banking skills racing mode. I don't totally agree with that. If you want to practice, do it in the tracks where the environment is controlled but if you practice everyday banking skills, it's fine to do it in TCH. Just don't do racing mode. :)

At 11:35am, I arrived at Felixberto. So the ride took around 40 minutes from JY Lahug. My average speed was 60kph with up to 80kph occasionally. It was mostly an uphill ride so that pace was fine. It's the pace I am comfortable as well because I am not really a speed freak. :)

Finally, I have posted a Cebu Scoopy Club sticker in Felixberto. We have been here for a couple of times already and we always forget to bring with us our club sticker. Now that I ride alone, I brought one.

Picture2x at Felixberto.
Team Pacquiao
After I finished my burger, I headed down immediately back to the city because I saw dark clouds hovering over the city. In order for me to not get caught in the rain, I started to ride and went back. Unfortunately, when I was somewhere in Busay, the rain started strong and I couldn't find some place to stay to wait for the rain to go away. Because I got wet, I decided to ride in the rain and yes, my first time without rain gears. It was cold, but it was fun. When I reached Lahug, the sun was bright. LOLZ! People were staring at me because I was wet and the sun was up. Good weather! :)

Mesha got a little dirty because of the rain so when I arrived, I cleaned here a little bit (she's just been washed up) and after that, I added the MP sticker to here cheeks which I bought a long time but forget to put on her. Team Pacquiao! :D





One more thing, whoever here knows what that body of water is in this photo, please tell so in the comments. This is taken from Barangay Gaas, Balamban. Our next adventure might be there. :)



RIDE SAFE! RIDE SCOOPY! GODSPEED!