December 7, 2011

Free TONG-ITS for Windows!

OR if you want a compressed "no installation-required" file.

Tong-Its! requires .NET Framework 3.5 runtime.So if your Windows PC does not have it yet, please install it first before installing Tong-Its!





Watch a short demo below:

You may want to read:


Rate TONG-ITS!
at FreewareFiles.com
It's been a long time since I wrote my last post. It's a long time well spent though as I have divulge myself to the power of GDI+.

Okay, I may sound like GDI+ is the best graphics library but it's not. And nothing is. I know there have been a lot of MINI games created with GDI+ (not officially-released though and no originally-created games -- just for testing/demo purposes) but sad to say it appears like it is only for MINI games and/or business applications. Actually, I did not bother to use GDI+ in any of my work-related projects. For larger and really serious graphics-intensive games, XNA is being used. Flash is another one... They are all good accordingly.

But wait...

MINI doesn't mean to be a boring game, right? In fact, MINI may mean bigger than minute but not necessarily graphics intensive and thankfully, I have completed my first GDI+ game to offer to the world. I have actually written my first game Rock Rain using XNA but the game is quite simple to play and boring. It was just a learning project about XNA and I have come to love XNA after that. With all the power it has, games are created in a FLASH (no pun intended).

Why didn't I use XNA for TONG-ITS?

Well, I could have used XNA and the animations might have been a whole lot better but I was interested in playing the game without the over-fancy, eye popping animations. And it looks overkill to me because of that. Additionally, what pushes me to create this game was Tong-itsXtreme Lite on iPhone, I was hooked for a couple of hours playing that one. After that, I was looking for a Windows version and I came across TONGITS by Rico Zuniga which is quite good and I recommend it if you want to shell out 5$. Unfortunately, there was just NO freeware version.

Now you appear to compete with Rico Zuniga's TONGITS.

It is not my intention. I created my own TONG-ITS for free, although I would love donations. I can opt to sell this as well and maybe down the road and yeah, when that happens, I am competing with Rico's.


My main purpose was to learn much more about GDI+ since I am not a game developer so I was not really much into graphics programming (although I have touched on XNA already). And next is after the final release of this game, maybe (just maybe - if I can find a good project to work on, I can't possibly blog about this) I am going to "tell the story" of how it was created, problems and limitations encountered, etc...


Why TONG-ITS?

I love the game. Honestly, I was addicted with the game back in college. I recently played Tong-itsXtreme Lite and I was hooked for a couple of hours. The game is really addicting.

This is still in BETA. When is the final version?

I have actually finished the game three days ago but I am still testing it. The only testers for now are me and my wife. Starting today, I'm sharing it with my friends and hoping to get feedbacks and BUG reports. I also encourage you to send me BUG reports to better improve this game. The final version will probably be by January next year if all is well.
 

Stay tuned!