June 8, 2014

Unwind at Papa Kit's Marina and Fishing Lagoon in Liloan

The entrance to Papa Kit's Marina and Fishing Lagoon.
Ziplines are very popular nowadays as almost everyone are wanting to try this type of adventure. They say it's a great stress-buster and I think I agree with that. After I rode the pirate ship in St. James Amusement Park in Mandaue, I have been thinking twice about doing these type of crazy adventures. If you look at the pirate ship, it looks to be really simple and you can't help but wonder why people are shouting when they ride it. It's just like a giant swinging ship anchor. It looks really simple until you try it yourself. Now, I won't belittle these type of rides. So if you get my drift, I am a little bit nervous about trying a zipline. And not just your regular, couple-of-meters zipline but an 800-meter zipline, said to be the longest in Cebu. My wife and cousin are pushing me to try it (of course, with them). I was not planning to give in but I guess the pressure was too overwhelming. LOLZ.


ATV for Php400/head and 650 with a pillion.
So the destination was Papa Kit's Marina and Fishing Lagoon in Liloan, Cebu. We went there after lunch so the ride was a little hotter as it was a really fine weather. It was also the first time that we trekked the Cansaga Bridge, part of the North Coastal Roads. Nice bridge and roads but after that, the roads are not that good but not that bad either. We arrived at Papa Kit's around 2pm and we bought some snacks before we went inside. We paid Php100/head for the entrance fee. The roads inside Papa Kit's are rough and stony. Maybe because they are also offering ATVs that they want those roads purposely rough. We didn't try their ATVs because I figured motorcycle is more fun than that. :D

Papa Kit's Shuttle Bus
If you don't have a ride or a cage, you can always request for their shuttle bus. It's free and it will take you from the different adventure junctions at Papa Kit's. Additionally, it looks like you won't get bored with their shuttle bus because we can hear people laughing most of the time. My cousin's husband told us that the driver is a really good joker. (Note: My cousin's husband's brother works for Papa Kit's so he knows the staffs there.)

We just passed their restobar because we want to roam around first. They have wakeboarding, fishing, cottages, rooms, a mini zoo and of course their adventure courses. After checking some of their amenities, we went to their adventure courses area. They have a zipline, wall climbing, hanging bridge obstacle with some twists. We ate first the moment we arrived at their adventure courses, their tables are free to occupy which was a good plus. We watched people doing the zipline, wall climbing, etc... I feel more pressured to try. LOLZ. To ease off, I roam around the place, taking photos here and there and especially Mesha.


After a couple of teasing and so forth and I also saw a lady who easily took the challenge and even performed some acrobatic moves while in the zipline, I finally gave in. Let's try this 800-meter zipline and be done with it. The zipline is Php200/head in a regular position while their "Superman/Wonderwoman" position is Php400/head. If you want to try again within the day, pay Php100/head. As we climbed the stairs going up to the 7th floor where we started our zipline adventure, my heart felt like violently jumping. I couldn't remember if I took my beta blocker that time but I didn't think it would matter.

The lady on the left upside down. Impressive while us looked really nervous. Hey, it's our first time! :D
So, we jumped in and tried the zipline and dude was it awesome. I totally love the experience. It was scary the moment you were launched but after you are hanged up there, it was exhilarating. I wouldn't mind doing another round but because there are a lot of people falling in line, we just proceeded to their hanging bridge with some twists adventure. The whole adventure experience was really, really awesome. The hanging bridge was a little tough because it swings back and forth when people are moving but it was fun.

After doing the adventures, my shirt was all wet because of sweat. It felt like I just ran a marathon (no, I can't really ran a marathon, lolz).

After doing the adventures, we headed straight to their restobar to "chillax". They have a small infinity-like pool so we decided to take some splash because we are full of sweat. It was night already so technically, we did night swimming.

All in all, the experience was awesome and I can't wait to come back. We haven't tried fishing there so we might include that next time. So you have an idea how fun it was, check out our video below:



Ride Safe! Ride Scoopy! Godspeed!