June 25, 2014

The Philippine Loop on a Honda Scoopy - Financial Plan

Okay, I am not doing a Philippine Loop on a motorbike in the coming days or months. Just not yet. I am still gathering information about the financial part of it because it's going to take some big bucks to be able to complete this (big at least for me). I think this will be the ultimate ride for a Filipino rider. Somebody has already did this and he was solo and also using a Honda Scoopy. That ride proved the reliability of this scooter. I was pretty amazed that the scooter did not encounter any problems aside from the common flat tire/air problems. That post convinced me that using my Honda Scoopy to loop the entire Philippines (okay, not totally because the ride will mostly be in coastline roads) is perfectly doable and the scooter will be very reliable. I haven't had any problems encountered with Mesha (my Honda Scoopy) and I do long rides on weekends.


So with the information from the post, I gathered the possible expenses if I also do it solo but probably I might be doing this with a group most likely with the Cebu Scoopy Club.

Please feel free to comment any fare and fees that are not updated.

Port Matnog, Sorsogon - (RORO fare: Php 420, PPA: Php 65, terminal fee: Php 11)
Port of Benit, San Ricardo, Southern Leyte - (RORO fare: Php 420, PPA: Php 65, terminal fee: Php 16)
Mukas Port, Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte - (RORO fee: Php 56)
Port of Dapitan, Zamboanga del Norte - (RORO fee: Php 1200, PPA: Php65)
Port of Bacolod, Negros Occidental - (RORO fee: Php 200, Terminal fee: Php 93)
Caticlan Jetty Port, Malay, Aklan - (RORO fee: Php 1350, PPA: Php 65)
Port of Calapan, Oriental Mindoro - (RORO fee: Php 600, PPA: Php 65)
By Water Travel: Php4,700
The ride from the post was ~5000 kilometers
For a Honda Scoopy ~35kms/liter (up to 40+ for country roads)
Gas is ~Php55/liter
Gas Allowance: Php7,900
9 days of riding
Meal is ~Php300/day
Food: Php2,700
9 nights in lodges/inns
Prices here vary much from Php250-Php1000
so let's take Php500
Accomodation: Php4,500

Total of Php19,800


Maybe, if you want side trips and some pasalubongs, go for Php20-30K budget for the Philippine Loop. So as for now, work mode and save mode first. This is my ultimate target ride at this point in my riding hobby which might happen next year or maybe next, who knows.

Ride Safe! Ride Scoopy! Godspeed!