June 15, 2014

Our First Tuslob-Buwa Experience at Paparts

Tuslob is dip, while buwa is bubble. So, dip (the rice) when it bubbles). :)
I recently heard about this new food craze here in Cebu. I don't think it's really that new but it's definitely new to us. Tuslob-Buwa is what it is popularly called. I saw some photos of it and you can't help but drool at how people eat it. It's quite tempting to try so try we did.

I searched on the internet on which outlet or restaurant best serve this type of dish. Some say Azul although I haven't been there, others will say that the "original" Tuslob-Buwa in Pasil is the best (original based on friend's comments, I didn't bother to investigate further) but most people say it's the newly opened Papart's Tuslob Buwa in Tipolo, Mandaue City. I haven't tasted the Tuslob-Buwa in Azul or in Pasil (I saw a video of how people eat Tuslob-Buwa in Pasil and I don't honestly recommend it) but I must say that Papart's Tuslob Buwa tastes really good. It's a must-try!


Papart's Tuslob Buwa is located in Tipolo, Mandaue City. It's specifically located on the side of the road inside a somewhat residential compound so it can be easy to spot but specifically, here's a map that should point you to the right direction. It's basically a carenderia-type of restaurant, you can see the gate on the road side.

The ingredients
For Php50, you'll get a set, 1 tuslob-buwa, and 6 pieces of poso (hanging rice). They also sell barbeques which taste good as well. I especially like their Mexican sauce.

You will be the one to cook this dish. Actually, the main ingredients are pre-cooked already so all you have to do is "cook" them on a pan. Put the spices first after adding a little oil on the pan. After the spices are heated, drop those pork liver (the dry ones) in the pan. Then finally, the soup with the pork brain in it. Wait until it bubbles (buwa). After that, lessen the fire on the stove and prepare to dip those poso. Enjoy!

One tip: I can't get enough of it by just dipping the poso in the pan so I asked for a spoon and then used it like I'm tasting some soup. Awesome! :)

I highly recommend this carenderia. Tuslob-buwa tastes really good! :D


Wifey was heating the pan and you can also see the ingredients here: pork liver (dry ones), the spices and of course, the soup that contained the pork brain.
Wifey and princess, added the spices after the oil was heated.
The pork liver went next. Stir!
Finally, the soup with the pork brain. This serve was 2 sets by the way.
Wait until you see the bubbles. One tip: wait until the soup becomes a little bit rich.
If you see the bubbles, that's the sign. Attack!!! :)
Dinner was solved!
More from their menu.

Now, would we come back to this carenderia? Of course and next time, we'll bring some friends.

For more info, visit Papart's Tuslob Buwa's facebook page.

Ride Safe! Ride Scoopy! Godspeed!